Thursday, May 22, 2008

To DEET or Not to DEET.

OK, so I will have to credit Pam with the above title. I guess they grow so pretty big mosquitos in Africa so bug spray is a must. The travel clinic was too funny. They said something to the effect of, "Use lots of bug spray with DEET. DEET is a poison and not very good for you, but effective...Use something with lots of DEET." So I took this to mean that bugs are a pretty big issue over there, especially with things like yellow fever. Well let's just hope mosquitos don't find me too attractive. OK, so I'm a chemist, so I thought I'd throw the chemical structure of DEET up here too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Doug! You are WAY over my head there with the chemical structure stuff..but, just wanted you to know I'm praying for you guys and super excited to follow along and hear how God shows up in a big way over there. Have a great time!!

Jill