Monday, May 19, 2008

Don’t Touch the Caterpillars

So these were some fun words from a recent e-mail about Uganda, "Don’t touch the caterpillars on the event field! Redness and swelling sure to follow."  The first site below is all about caterpillars in Uganda and the second is a YouTube video of a huge caterpillar that's really kind of freaky:



I'm both excited and nervous about the new world I'm about to enter.  I love experiencing different cultures and especially love trying new foods, but I might have to reel that in a bit over there for the sake of my health.  I guess theft is also a pretty big issue over there, but I can't think of anything that I'm bringing over that would even be close to resisting letting anyone take.  My biggest worries right now are things like a stomach bug or sunburn or sore feet or something else that would stop me from being able to help in all the ways I want to.  I'm also hoping that Pam and my mom don't worry too much while I'm gone, I'm sure they'll do great though and I've so much appreciated all their support. Other than that, as long as I don't get my passport stolen, or I get it replaced if I do so that I can get home, I'll be happy.  I so much trust the team I'm with and have faith know we'll be watched over and given the grace to push through even the stuff that seems tough and confusing at the time.

No comments: