Saturday, May 24, 2008

In DC next Stop Paris


Had a great walking tour of DC on my layover, now about ready to board for Paris!  This is a picture of the White House that I actually took!  I'm really proud of it.  I have a bunch more of the Vietnam Memorial, Washington Memorial, Lincoln Memorial and Capital.  Gotta love a $3.10 city bus and an 8 hour layover.  Had a real American lunch, McDonald's chicken nuggets on the national mall.  Note, download speeds are OK here, but upload is lousy, so will probably limit pics to 2-3 key ones per day.

3 comments:

LucianLucia said...

Sacre bleu, Doug! Qu'est-ce que tu y faisse? Je ne comprende peine les choses que tu avaisse rencontre! It is fun to read your blog, Doug. I wish you very well in your world tripping. Thank you for giving me a taste of your magical adventure, my friend.

Keep in touch.

Lucian

Pam Masters said...

Got your texts that you made it to Amsterdam early. YAY! (Hopefully that helped your luggage to make the connection...) 8 hrs time difference, so it must be 4:30pm for you right now. So you should be landing in Entebbe about the time I get out of church this morning! If you see an "Equator" sign in Entebbe, take a picture! Even if you don't, take a picture. ;-)

Pam Masters said...

p.s. - Umm, your blog is recording in West Coast time, for those who didn't realize that... I am definitely not up at 5:30am - 8:30 is bad enough...