Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day


OK, so I'm a political junkie, so I'm loving the last couple of days.  I'll be at work, thought about staying home, but will be streaming it the whole day in the background.  I was in DC just this past June on my way to Uganda and I spend about 6 hours there on a layover.  I was by myself and I walked the WHOLE mall rolling my bag behind me.  Really fun to watch now as I feel I have an idea of the setting.  I remember seeing President Clinton speak live near my college on a beautiful Wisconsin Labor day weekend.  It was the official kickoff to his reelection bid.  I really didn't have any particular view back then, but it was just an amazing event to be part of.

So my pastor, Andy Stanley, is actually there, from a Twitter blog from his assistant I guess he's got tickets for being pretty close, she posted a picture.  Here's the announcement.  He'll be offering a prayer tomorrow at 9:30am as part of the national prayer service.  Here is a link to the National Cathedral website who will be webcasting it live as well as CNN.com.

This is an amazing moment in history of political optimism, church attendance is way up all over the country and there seems to be a sense of unity.  Here's one vote hoping it isn't a window in time that's squandered.

No comments: