Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cartersville has a Science Museum

My little Cartersville is getting so big, we have a Starbucks, Moe's, Kohl's and now a 1st class science museum, the Tellus Science Museum.  It has a hands-on area, cool minerals, fossils, a telescope, a planetarium, gem mining and an area dedicated to transportation.  The dinosaur area has some really unique stuff and the transport has an EV1 electric car and spacecraft.

The whole place just has a really nice feel to it.  They're looking for volunteers for a few hours a month and I would love to spend Saturday mornings there.  I love teaching kids about science.

Cartersville is really becoming museum central.  We have the Indian Mounds and a beautiful new Western Art Museum.  The art museum has this one exhibit of all the presidents with facts about them and a handwritten item from each of them.

Oh, and for my brother-in-law Ed, right across the street from the Science Museum is a giant Harley store!

1 comment:

Katie-ree said...

I need to come see this. I have seen everything else in Cartersville. I almost worked at the Kohl's there once. Long story.