Sunday, June 1, 2008

Going Home

Well I leave for the airport in about 2.5 hours, so it will be so long Africa at that point and the beginning of the 24 hour journey home. We have the "Passion" flight, some 50 people associated with the event flying out. If you want to see some really cool crowd shots from last night, check out the official blog:

http://www.268blog.blogspot.com/

This trip has been amazing and I leave having experienced and seen things that leave me changed. As I get home I have no doubt I'll post more funny stories from our food backstage being delivered by a taxi onto the field with other people in the back sharing the cab waiting for another destination (the fit like 16 people into a taxi van) to half of us getting loopy at night from the malarone side effects (for malaria).

I leave Africa feeling satisfied and happy, yet eager to get home. So far no strange bugs or sickness for anyone on our team, except for one who had some ice and had one bad evening. The people here took such good care of us all around. Also I guess the kids last night gave a ton of money to Paris, that's amazing!

See you all at home!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Look forward to hearing more about your time there!! Sounds INCREDIBLE. Thanks for enabling those of us who couldn't go to share in the journey!