Monday, May 18, 2015

How a Weekend at Bed and Breakfast Almost Turned Awkward


So Pam and I have become big fans of fun weekends away, guess it's the fun of not having kids yet.  Last year I was looking for a place over near Dawsonville, GA and went to my favorite travel site, Kayak.com.   These were the top 3 choices and the 3rd one "Paradise Valley Resort" look really nice complete with a pool and walking trails when you click on the description.  Looks pretty innocent right?


So I was about to call and make a reservation when I thought to Google it.  There you quickly learn, "Paradise Valley Resort & Club is Georgia's Premier Clothing Optional Resort!"  They even have a promotional video and events like a "clothing optional" 5K.  The website and video are pretty tame, but I guess we'll say "viewer discretion advised."

So I guess beware of listings on Kayak, Expedia and the such as evidently "nudist colony" wasn't important enough to make the description.  We ended-up at a nice bed and breakfast down the road, but it sparked some fun conversation with my wife and other couples as to what we would have done had we shown up with a reservation we couldn't cancel.  Stay and lock the doors?  Eat the loss and go down the street to a hotel?  I guess we'll never know what we would have done or the reaction to the surprise we would have had, but still makes for a good story based on this alone!

No comments: